When you first hear about the ability to Jailbreak your iPhone or iPod Touch – you are probably thinking – Why should I do this?
The two main reasons are to allow programs to run that Apple doesn’t approve of and to customize the look of your device.
The following are some of the top reasons for you to Jailbreak your iDevice –
- Take power of Cydia. When you jailbroke your iPhone or iPod Touch, the Cydia application was automatically added to your device. Cydia is like the App Store, it lets you install many more blacklisted applications right to your iPhone or iPod Touch without a computer.
- Winterboard – Winterboard is the application that allows you to change the look of things on your iPhone. Basically it lets you install different themes or visual changes to your device.
- Change your Dock – Customize number of icons and look of the Dock
- Wallpaper on your Springboard
- Live Icons – The clock hands can move real time, weather icon can display live temperatures, Calendar icon can now display current date
- Use 3G for making Facetime calls using My3G